Rheza Christian from Indonesia - Dx 2010 - RIP 13/09/2011

Those who lost their battle with ASPS :(
Olga
Admin

Re: Rheza from Indonesia - Dx 2010

Post by Olga »

dawnie, thank you for taking you time to post for a friend. Say Rheza that Olga said Hi and that we are thinking about him often...
Olga
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear Dawnie,
Thank you so much for finding your way to this Board to update us about Rheza. I have been so very concerned and worried about him not having heard from him since the end of April. I am so deeply saddened and sorry to hear that he has been diagnosed with brain mets resulting in some vision loss, and that he is also now hospitalized and suffering with a gastric infection. He has been through so much already in his courageous battle against this insidious disease, and my heart breaks for his continued aggresssive disease progression and all of his suffering. Have the doctors considered Gamma Knife to try to shrink/destroy Rheza's brain mets? Gamma Knife was thankfully very successful in destroying our daughter Brittany's brain mets, but it seems that this procedure is only successful if the mets are relatively small (under a half a centimeter) so if Gamma Knife is an option it needs to be done immediately and as soon as possible before Rheza's mets grow any larger. Please give him a gentle hug from me when you see him, and tell him that I am holding him very close in my heart and sending my most positive energy, healing thoughts, and very best wishes his way. Thank you again Dawnie for reaching out to share with all of us on the Board, and for your special friendship to Rheza.
With deepest caring and concern, and continued Hope,
Bonni
dawnie

Post by dawnie »

In Loving Memory - Rheza Christian (10 Feb 1983 - 13 Sep 2011). He passed away early in the morning. He was a brave hero who never lose hope n faith and fight till the end! But i believe he's now in a better place, free of pain. I just want to share a beautiful note he wrote few months before.

What Cancer has taught me...

I'm Rheza, a cancer patient (Alveolar Soft Part Sarcoma) stadium 4 with metastases on my left humerus, right humerus, lung, and calf. I wanted to share, what cancer has taught me.

Lesson 1 : Cancer taught me to RESPECT my family

When I need to go for check up, radiotherapy, or ANYTHING else, my dad would drive me. When I was unable to use my hand to eat, my sister helps me eat, drink, and consume medicine. When I was going to face my big surgery, my brother flew thousands kilos to support me, we spent hours talking about our favorite games and it helped me to pass those painful days. What about my mom? she practically does everything! Helps me bath, helps me wear my clothes, massage my arms when it's in pain, pray for me, and the list goes on.

So.. please, don't ever hate your family member because of stupid things like "my dad won't buy me car", "my sister is so noisy", "my brother is selfish", or "my mom is so strict". RESPECT them, because they do so much in your life. How do I know that? Well Cancer taught me.

Lesson 2 : Cancer taught me to TREASURE my friends and relatives

They pray for me, they cry for me, they visit me, they treat me food that I like, they pick me up, they take me into the movie, they send me home, they scream "Yot, get well soon!", they find me best medicine alternatives, they make me strong, they helps their best financially, they walk beside me afraid I might collapse, they make me laugh, they make me forget that I'm in pain, THEY ARE MY TREASURE. How do I know that? Well Cancer taught me.

Lesson 3 : Cancer taught me to VALUE my life

How I miss dancing, how I miss partying, how I miss having casual drink, how I miss breathing easily, how I miss hanging at the games centre, how I miss driving, how I miss working, how I miss lifting my hands, how I miss walking around the mall, how I miss running around, how I miss to eat anything I like, how I miss playing guitar...

I'm saying this not because that I'm upset of my current condition. I'm saying this to let you know... HOW VALUABLE you current life is. So STOP frowning, STOP complaining, STOP sighing. Give thanks you can dance, you can breath, you can party, you can walk around the mall, you can study or work and so and so. Value your life! How do I know that? Well Cancer taught me.

Lesson 4 : Cancer taught me to be STRONG and NEVER GIVE UP

When I was first diagnosed as an ASPS patient, the world seems to collapse, it was so rare that so far no Indonesian doctor knows the disease, I couldn't help wondering about my future. Can I have a family? How long will I live? Am i going to suffer this pain endlessly? It seems that I can't make it, it seems that I'm not strong enough.. Well I had experience PAIN, being HOPELESS, and being WEAK.. I've been through them, it make me STRONGER. Now I'm not afraid of my disease, I will not give up, I've been through hell and I keep walking. Now that my condition is getting better, being strong and never give up had really paid off! How do I know that? Well Cancer taught me.

Lesson 5 : Cancer taught me to STRENGTHEN others

If you ask me, what helps me cope with this disease? My answer would be people surrounds me. My family, my friends, my relatives. They never stop strengthen me, they are the reason I keep smiling, they are the reason I keep fighting, they are the reason I keep enjoying this live. I'm so thankful having them to strengthen me. Those are the reason why I'm writing this note.. to share and strengthen You guys.

Enjoy life, don't frown, don't complain, living life to the fullest, living life as large as you can, BECAUSE LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL. How do I know that? Well Cancer taught me..
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I am so sad an so sorry! :*(
What a special thing to share with us thank you so much!
I think just about everyone that see's this will nod they also feel this way! May he rest may his family know he was cared for all the way across the world by others and that he touched many lives!

WE NEED to find a cure to this cancer before we loose more beautiful people in the world :*(
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

Dawnie - it is a very hard news to hear. Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece with us, I am very grateful to you to let us know Rheza's thoughts and feelings. Tell his parents please that they raised a very fine and gentle person, and that we send all our love to them and miss Rheza very much as well.
Olga
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear Dawnie,
My heart is broken and so very heavy with the immense grief of dear Rheza's devastating loss. Although we had not personally met, I had come to know Rheza as a very kind, caring, and gentle young man through our Board communications, to care deeply about him, and to consider him a part of my extended family, as I do all of the ASPS patients on this Board. I so deeply admire, and am humbled by his great courage, determination, perseverence, invincible postive attitude, and undeterred ongoing Hope in the face of the increasing difficult challenges and heartbreaking suffering that he so bravely endured.
I am so very grateful to you for so thoughtfully sharing Rheza's beautifully expressed and very poignant thoughts, perspectives, and insights with all of us on this Board. He truly knew and valued what is important in Life, and his writing reflects the depth of his character and the beauty of his spirit. Through the great courage and dignity with which he fought his very difficult ASPS battle and Lived his Life, and through the legacy of his beautiful inspirational thoughts and words, he will Live on in thought and memory and will continue to be a source of great inspiration to all of us whose Lives he touched. Please express to his dear family and friends my deepest sympathy for the devastating loss of their beloved son, brother, and friend who will always hold such a special place in my heart, my thoughts, and my memories.
Sharing the profound sorrow of Rheza's tragic loss with immense grief,
Bonni
Last edited by Bonni Hess on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

:cry:

Return to “Rest In Peace”