Amanda R :) from California - Dx 2009 - RIP March 2015

Those who lost their battle with ASPS :(
Bonni Hess

Re: Amanda R :) from California - Dx 2009

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dearest Amanda,
My heart is very heavy with the immense sorrow of your beloved father's passing coupled with all of your current physical pain and difficult ASPS challenges. I Hope that you are surrounded by the love and support of your family and friends to strengthen you during this very difficult time, and I Hope too that you will find comfort in, and be sustained by, cherished memories of your dear father which will Live forever in your heart. You and your father obviously shared a very special bond during his time here on Earth, and you now have a very special angel watching over you from above.
Take good care of yourself, stay strong, and keep fighting your courageous battle because you know that is what he would want for you to do.
Reaching out to gently hug you and hold you, and sharing your profound sorrow and your devastating loss with my deepest sympathy, special caring thoughts, warm friendship, and love,
Bonni
edwardchee

Post by edwardchee »

Dear Amanda,

We are so sorry to know of your father's passing. We wish you strength and comfort during this very difficult time.

Rene & Ed
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

I'm so sorry to hear your loss. Take care, Amanda.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Thank you all for your postings of care love support and wise words of comfort! :)

I am still in the mist of this and will reply i hope in a few days.. this is i think harder then any thing i have had to do in my life...
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Amanda

I am 50 plus :D
I lost my parents--my mom in 1992 and my dad in 2001.
I still miss them very much and I think about them often.

Time will help in the healing. It just won't feel that way in the beginning.
Family is where you can drawl from and find the strength to endure another day

May your day be filled with family and love. :)

Much love
Debbie
Debbie
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear Amanda,
As you continue on your difficult grief journey following the recent devastating loss of your beloved father, I know that you are also having to deal with your ASPS concerns and issues because unfortunately ASPS does not take a bereavement break. I Hope that your physical pain and suffering have been under control during this time of such profound emotional pain and sorrow until you are able to move forward with a treatment for the suspected bone lesions before they cause any further bone damage and suffering. Please know that you remain closely held in my aching heart and my most caring thoughts, and keep in touch when you are able.
Heart to heart with deepest caring, shared sorrow, healing wishes, warm friendship, and continued Hope,
Bonni
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Morning Amanda

Thinking of you and wishing for you joy and laughter today ! :)
You are soo deserving of both

Love
Debbie
Debbie
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

G morning an ty Debbie <3

I hope you are also having a great day! :)

I am starting to prep my mind and body for the surgery a week from today.. no vitamins or my healthy hippie stuff only healing foods... Felt like it was taking soooo long to come and now it seems like it is going to fast lol

I care the pain will be gone so for that alone i am excited! I am on norco 10 mg every 4 hours!!! For me thats a LOT! an because the pain was so bad i am not really dopey from it...

I will be eating really healthy and juicing the things the Dr's say are ok during the three weeks of no chewing *I will be able to do what many cannot only juice and squishy stuff* lol and that will be a great way to get healthy!
They said Ensure i said *no* lol I told them what i wanted to do and they liked it lol After any oral surgery i know no dairy and so i cave cut that way down an i am also going to try gluten free to help my gut relax after the stuff it has been thru an will be going thru.. I will sneak a lil bread in i love it but only healthy .. Nothing citrus at all till it is 100% healed :(

Anyhow know a really healthy yummy smoothie please post it <3

Then prep for lung surgeries an i hope done for a few years lol

xoxoxxo
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Amanda

So good to hear from you !
Your plan sounds excellent
We will all be thinking of you on your surgery day January 24?

Keep up that great attitude. 8)

Love
Debbie
Debbie
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Googled foods that help healing
Found this.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/32993 ... ry/#page=2

Debbie
Last edited by D.ap on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Debbie
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Very cool ty <3
I didn't know that about meat ... I hate red meat so i better eat more chicken :) There is a recipe for ground chicken burgers with red peppers an sun dried tomatoes :/

Yes, its the 24th and i still think * I am hard headed* that this is not sarcoma an a bone infection.. But, it is cared for the same way an they are biopsy in the operating room so they will know what to do :)

Funny i had a lot of smiley faces in posts but i am frightened an at times wondering if my feet will carry myself in the hospital or if my husband will have to carry me in lol
I will probably go into automatic mode and walk brain dead in there ... I am being told 4 to 7 days in the hospital.. an by one intern 14 days!!! OMG!! NO!!! If i have not posted watch the los angeles local news for a patient leaving UCLA an on the run!
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Hey Amanda

Glad to hear of family coming with you!
The doctors are probably giving you the most days, 14 days, as a precaution..

Will be watching the LA news on the 24th EARLY and will be ready to deploy the ASPS troups to the rescue!!
You know you can PM ANY of us anytime, anyday, right??

Love ya
Debbie
Debbie
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Hey there Amanda
Nursing uses Zinc as an ointment for wound treatmentsc as I understand it ??
Nutritionally it can help ??
Any help from anyone ?

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-suppl ... guide-zinc

Debbie

Sent from my iFone
Debbie
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

HI Debbie <3
Zinc is used in other forms also ;)
But, many don't know that they are allergic to it.. The Emergency C everyone drinks has it in it an i saw a few reactions from it though none were bad.

I can't wait to get this over with! I think my main problem will be not resting i will be so free of this chronic pain that i may dance lol

I just want this all over with an to get to work on the lungs an pray to be free of this hell fo a lil while...

Hmm maybe i should have someone here on the list to call after surgery is over. i sure wont be with it enough for the first few days to do that. Also it may make my hubby feel better to talk to someone here :/ Anyone want to volunteer?
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Morning Amanda

How are you feeling today?

With the Friday surgery if there is infection found will the surgeon perform a similar surgery to the cancer surgery?

I can be the go to person if you all agree
Going to be 60's today in the Midwest 8)
Love
Debbie
Debbie

Return to “Rest In Peace”