Ivan rocking it since 2003

ASPS patients post updates here, including tales of success :)
Ivan
Admin

Re: Ivan rocking it since 2003

Post by Ivan »

Nothing special, as usual 1 week no heavy lifting and that's about it.

There were some modifications made to the the sedation protocol, and I didn't have nausea afterwards. It was a significant improvement in that regard.

Hard to say whether it was a virus or bacteria. It's virtually passed now.
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Hi Ivan

Great news on feeling better.
Traveling into the US from Canada probably caused some allergy exposures if you will
Were you on any antibotics prior or during , or post ablation?

Really glad to her of the feeling better.

Have you noted a diiference when you've had ablations on you left lung on the outside of it with prior ablations?

Why do you suppose the interior of your right lung experienced progressive growth as opposed to the outer part of your lung?

Reply when is good for you

Love
Debbie
Debbie
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

I don't think it was progressive. It was kind of normal-paced. They sometimes grow at this rate of around 1 mm per month.
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Hi Ivan

I am sorry I missed your post
I hope the night is bringing you non ASPS thoughts and consequently much joy :)
I would like to ask a few questions at a later date my friend if I might?
We are having an almost harvest type moon rising DOWN SOUTH of you all :D
Getting down to the lower 70 degree Fahrenheit by George

Love and hugs and prayers coming your way
Love
Debbie and family
Debbie
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

So the follow up MRI for the abdominal ablation was good. My right lung has some kind of an inflammation area adjacent to one of the centrally located ablations. I can kind of feel something isn't right, but the symptoms are very mild. It will be monitored, and will hopefully recover with passing of time.

I've scheduled the two other 8mm mets in the left lung to be ablated beginning of December here in Vancouver. I have a break in my schedule, so it works well. They are located on the periphery, so hopefully a simpler job they can accomplish here without the need to travel.

I've regained my weight from 163 lb after my two ablations this summer back to 168 lb. It was a conscious effort for sure. I'm feeling very well overall.
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Hello Ivan

It really wonderful to hear from you
Great news on abdominal scan

About the inflammation
Have you had blood work to check for walking
pneumonia ?
Great news on weight maintaince too!
Good job
Love
Debbie
Debbie
MartinBube

Post by MartinBube »

Hi Ivan,

Nice to see you active again, I was reading your complete story and noticed that you were much more active years ago on the forum.

I'm really happy to see that you are courageously continuing the fight.

I'm glad for your good result and that you have already scheduled to get rid of the 2 mets close to you.
mikko

Post by mikko »

So glad to hear your MRI results!
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear Ivan, We have missed you on the Board :(, and it is so good to hear from you and to hear the very good results of your post abdominal ablation scans :) I am sorry that you are experiencing some lung inflammation. Do the doctors think that this is related to your lung cryo, or caused by a respiratory infection? Hopefully whatever the cause is it will dissipate and disappear sometime soon. I commend you on your continued very pro-active vigilance in addressing and ablating your lung mets at a small treatable size. I am grateful that you will be able to have your two peripheral left lung mets ablated in Vancouver to save you the expense and travel burdens of having the cryo done in the USA. How often are you having your brain MRI's now? I am so glad that you have now successfully regained your lost weight, and that you are feeling and doing well :). Have wonderful and beautiful Canadian Fall, take care, and keep in touch as you are able. Sharing the special joy of your good scan results with happy hugs, healing wishes, much love, and continued Hope, Bonni :)
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Planned cryo ablation Dec 1. Two lung nodules in the left lung which have been tracked for a while have gotten to around 1 cm.

Will be done here in Vancouver.
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Hello Ivan

Thoughts are coming your way for your procedure on the 1st of December
Thanks for the update

Other than the lung tumors how are things with you ?

Love
Debbie
Debbie
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Everything is great.
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

All done today morning (a cryoablation of 2 peripheral lung mets at the Vancouver General Hospital, Dr.Dave Liu). I'm home since the late afternoon.

I'm feeling pretty well. Pain level is low. I had some nausea, but didn't actually puke this time around.

Had a good meal. Should have no problem sleeping.
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Ivan

Good news all around ! :D

Thanks for the update

Are outside surface tumors a little easier to deal with for the doctor and you ?
Love
Debbie
Debbie
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Thank you for the thoughtful update Ivan. I am so glad that the Cryo went well, that two more of your lung mets have now been successfully ablated and Hopefully destroyed, and that you are already Home and recovering from the procedure with minimal post op pain :). Hopefully you can now take a break from doctors and medical procedures and just relax and enjoy a wonderful Holiday season. With gentle hugs, special caring thoughts, healing wishes, and continued Hope, Bonni

Return to “Personal Stories and Updates”