Ivan rocking it since 2003

ASPS patients post updates here, including tales of success :)
D.ap

Re: Ivan rocking it since 2003

Post by D.ap »

Ivan
How are you feeling today ?
I hope time has helped you to make a good recovery by now. :)

What have you been able to do differently to combat the after effects of anesthesia?
Is it possible to use a different kind but still have the effect that is needed for ' not moving ' when ablationing in the vena cava area?
Write when you are up-to it.

Love
Debbie
Debbie
wangcns

Post by wangcns »

Oh man, Ivan, I'm so sorry. We've been MIA, I only now just caught up. I'm so sorry to hear about the new mets, but am glad you were able to get them treated quickly. I understand how you and Olga feel, we too have been spending a lot of time evaluating the pros and cons of dealing with mets vs impacting quality of life. If you do ever come to UCLA to get operated on by Fritz, we would love to drive up and meet you guys. Fritz is our surgeon, too, but in Kevin's case, conventional surgery has been out of the question for pretty much everything, so he usually just weighs in Kevin's case during the tumor boards.
Fritz Eilber is a surgeon, his father is also a sarcoma surgeon (Frederick, I think?) so together they are a father-son operating surgical team.
Hoping for a speedy recovery, Kevin and I are thinking of you.
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

I feel great, although abdominal ablation is more difficult than lung. On the 3rd day, when we were flying back, I was seriously considering not making the connection and just heading to the emergency. Extreme weakness, dizziness, etc. It was very bad. I don't think I've ever felt that way before - ever.

My recovery training was the following.

Aug 24 - 1x345 - last workout prior
Aug 27 - ablation
Aug 30 - holy crap I feel barely alive.. should I go to the emergency room?
Aug 31 - 5x95 easy
Sep 02 - 5x175 moderate
Sep 04 - 5x225 moderate hard
Sep 06 - 5x275 hard
Sep 08 - 5x285 3x295 hard

I was pretty damn sore in the lower body (!) after each of those workouts. Not sure how or why I could be sore after such easy stuff for me, but my core musculature was clearly disturbed and I think that's what the cause is.

Normal would be 315x5, so I'm at 90% currently :) My league is in 3 days. I'll play since I'll be at 95% by then.

Full recovery anticipated by 2 weeks. The only account of squat performance after IVC ablation anywhere in the world - right here :mrgreen:
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Ivan
Really happy to hear of your recovery
Great progress ! Congratulations !
You play soccer ? Or weight lift? Or..?
Keep up the great work
Love
Debbie
Debbie
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear Ivan,
You continue to be a source of great inspiration for everyone fighting this damn disease and I am so grateful for your continuing recovery, regained strength and activity, and your thoughtful and honest shared information complete with your delightful sense of humor which brings some levity and much needed smiles :D to all of us who share this difficult and too often heartbreaking journey.
With special gratitude for your sharing, gentle hugs, special caring thoughts, healing wishes, warm friendship, and continued Hope,
Bonni
cachabamba10

Post by cachabamba10 »

I am glad you are doing better Ivan, hope for the best for you and your family.

Sincerely;

Mario
Arch

Post by Arch »

Hi Ivan,

You are truly an inspiration for anyone fighting this horrible disease. I'm glad that your decision to not go the systemic treatment route and stick with aggressive surgery/cryo has been working out pretty well for you. I wish you continued success and best wishes.

Arch
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

Arch,
it is very nice of you keep checking on us. I hope that you are doing better...We did not forget Sree.
Olga
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Dear Olga an Ivan
I am just seeing these posts now :(

I hope that you are better Ivan I also just had problems with anesthesia I evidently didn't want to wake up

I'm shaking my head we have had this a while an now it seems we need to beat its ass again to fight it back

With all my heart I believe you are going to beat its ass again back
In fact I have no question
You are a fighter an have a fight inside you that beats different

I am praying for you an your mom a well all of you!

Keep the faith in your fight please I know it's hard look where this dip is at an it's my fault it got this bad
I know you have then strength of a lion but if you need me. To talk to an remind you of that faith holding strength I am here

I stand by you no chemo
Not till the wheels fall off an dear friend you are a warrior an this situation has not even seen your wrath yet

I am deeply sorry that I am just seeing this now
I was unconscious when this happened to you :(

Again my friend you are core strong an mind strong
An this means a lot more then credited
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

This is 1 month overdue to the abdominal ablation but I still got it http://youtu.be/Uyk3qjjH3Qs
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

So Ivan

Do you like workout?
'xplains a lot!
Good job .
Told my husband "this is why Ivan did well with the lung surgeries :lol:

Love

Debbie
Debbie
MarietjievdMerwe

Post by MarietjievdMerwe »

Agree with Debbie! Way to go, Ivan! :)
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

WOW!! That is an incredible and very humbling accomplishment Ivan!! :-) You look great and in amazing shape :-) It is that same strong determination and will power that helps you to fight this very challenging battle so GO IVAN!! :-)
With happy CONGRATULATIONS!! and hugs, special caring thoughts, healing wishes, and continued Hope,
Bonni
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hi :)
So so glad you are doing better! :)
I was concerned an the other half feeling like you were in the time to not be a cancer patient an get back to being the healing you!
I shall start back swimming but it will be around six weeks from now an I am bored of being in bed, lol

Huge hugs an cheers you on
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Hi Ivan
How are you feeling?
I was wondering how your PFT is at this time?
We are officially at 68 % after over 140 tumors removed from 2 lungs.
The most current surgery was in August 2013.

Just curious
All my love
Debbie
Debbie

Return to “Personal Stories and Updates”