Ivan rocking it since 2003

ASPS patients post updates here, including tales of success :)
mikko

Re: Ivan rocking it since 2003

Post by mikko »

Great news!
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear Ivan,
I am sharing and celebrating your very good and relieving brain scan results with great joy :-), and wishing you continued good news on your upcoming abdominal scans on the 20th. Will you be having brain MRI's every three months from now on to closely monitor the situation for any possible new mets, and are you on a three month or six month scan schedule for your lung mets? Take care and enjoy celebrating your good news :-)
With happy hugs, caring thoughts, healing wishes, and continued Hope,
Bonni
jenhy168

Post by jenhy168 »

Glad to hear the good news =)
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hi Ivan :)
Im very happy you are ok <3
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear Ivan,
My most positive thoughts are with you for good news results from your today's abdominal scans, and I will be anxiously awaiting your update when you receive the radiology report.
With warm hugs, special caring thoughts, healing wishes, and continued Hope,
Bonni
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Made me wake up at 7 AM today. Other than that, will let you all know in about a week's time. I've already requested the scan to be forwarded to Dr. Littrup also.
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Hi Ivan,
I'm glad the scan is over, but am sorry that you have to wait a week for the results which is so stressful :-(. I never understand why doctors/radiologists put patients and their families under this kind of stress when at least the preliminary scan results can be available the same day. I know that our medical system is different than yours, but we always schedule Brittany's scans and results appointment for the same day at the University of Washington, and for the next day at Cross Cancer Institute in Edmonton when she has her Clinical Trial scans, with the understanding that the results we receive are only preliminary until the finalized formal radiologist report is completed, which is usually only a matter of a day or two. Receiving the preliminary results saves us a lot of anguished and nervous waiting since we at least know whether or not there is any clearly visible disease progression or new tumors.
On a different subject, CONGRATULATIONS!! to everyone in Canada for your Women's and Men's Olympic hockey team victories over the USA. Well done Canada :-)
With special caring thoughts, healing wishes, and continued Hope,
Bonni
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

I am sorry for the waiting time frame on the MRI results. :(

Just curious Ivan and Olga

What does an MRI of the brain cost the system in your area?

Deb
Debbie
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

Deb, I am not sure what are you asking about - what does a brain MRI cost to us or to a system or what is the cost of a MRI system as a device? We do not pay for a MRI anything as it is done as a part of the provincial health insurance coverage - you have to be enrolled in it and pay a monthly fee but it is very affordable (it is subsidized from the taxes we pay not from the direct fee).
Olga
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Olga
How much is billed
We pay or are billed any where from $ 1200 to $3500 a MRI

Deb
Debbie
Engels_suriel

Post by Engels_suriel »

Hello Olga I have a question about the lung surgery and was wondering first is dr rolle still performing these surgeries and if so what is the cost for such surgery? Is it covered by any health insurance? And do you have to go to Germany to have the surgery done or is this surgery now performed here in the states?
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

It is already almost 4 years since the last surgery in Germany that Ivan had done by Dr.Rolle and we are not that often contact Dr.Rolle anymore. So I am not sure if Dr.Rolle already retired from doing the surgeries or is going to retire very soon, I sent him 2 e-mails recently but got no answer. I'll try some other contacts there, but probably someone who contacted him recently could have more info. I would contact him directly if there are any questions/inquires about the possibility of surgery, quick, at prof.rolle@fachkrankenhaus-coswig.de
if you get no answer contact other e-mails from their page here:
http://www.recura-kliniken.de/kliniken/ ... he-leitung
There is no laser assisted surgery available in US or Canada, we had to travel 4 times to Germany. Th cost of the surgery is a set amount and it is was about 12,000 Euro plus the flights/accommodation. Euro was more expensive then:) but we feel that it is a very fair cost comp. to other countries rates. This surgery is also avail. now in UK at the cost *3 times more than in Germany and I am afraid that they will not be doing the very multiple mets cases that Dr.Rolle did. It is also avail. in other places around Germany and in other countries in Europe, but I have no first hand info as we all used Dr.Rolle's services as he is (or was?) the main man in the field.
Olga
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

Dr.Rolle is not retired yet, see my answer here:
http://www.cureasps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=865
Olga
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Abdominal MRI = good. Sent for review to Dr. Littrup for confirmation :)
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Great news , Ivan!
Thanks for sharing!
Debbie
Debbie

Return to “Personal Stories and Updates”