Ivan rocking it since 2003

ASPS patients post updates here, including tales of success :)
Jorge

Re: Ivan rocking it since 2003

Post by Jorge »

Hi Ivan,
How's your brain MRI result? It has been a while since the MRI, makes us worry...
I just hope no news is good news. Please give us an update when you find your time.

Regards,
Lynette
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

No results yet. Doctor Toyota is out of town and coming back in the next day or two.

I am also having an abdominal MRI tomorrow morning as a follow up for the adrenal ablation. Hopefully they'll also have a good look around the area as far as the spine, and other organs go.
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Good morning Ivan
I don't know of the mechanics of the MRI but does it give light of the surrounding areas without the technicians aid?
Here's hoping for a great outcome on the scans!
Debbie
Debbie
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Brain MRI is clear, although with a 5mm resolution - who knows? I'm going to try for a higher res one next time.

Abdominal MRI was done yesterday morning. It's a fairly interesting scan which requires you to hold your breath for around 20-25 seconds a number of times. That's not long, but the catch is that you have to do having breathed out - not holding the breath in. It was fine for me, but I would imagine some people could have a problem with it.
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Ivan
Yeah! Glad to hear it
When's your next MRI? When will you know results of abdomen scan?
Are you able to get scan disc copy when you leave after the scan?
To get a less than 5mm scan do you need to go to another scan facility?
I am done with the questions , finally ... :D
Thanks for the update
Love
Debbie
Debbie
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Abdominal MRI, hopefully soon. They like to take their time. I requested a copy to be sent to Dr. Littrup.

No, the technologist said they can go up to a 1 mm resolution on the MRI by using a different protocol. I'm guessing it would take longer, though, and this machine is booked all the time.
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Ivan
After several years after Dr Rolle's surgeries on both lungs what kind of lung capacity do you have according to your pulmenologist? I think that's the correct terminology ' lung capacity '?
Thanks
Debbie
Debbie
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Ivan
Found some good reading
http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/lu ... tion-tests
Debbie
Debbie
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Ivan

Is the next brain scan, MRI, scheduled for 3 months as you have had a brain tumor occurrence ?
It would be good if you could obtain a more detailed picture/scan, huh?
Hope you are feeling better

Debbie
Debbie
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Lung volume probably 90%. VO2max is probably higher right now than it was before the surgery, although I obviously trained heavily post but didn't train heavily prior. It would obviously have been higher without them. Probably 15%, I am just guessing here.

It's not scheduled yet. I want 3 months, yes.
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Abdominal MRI results are in. The adrenal nodules which have been ablated are not enhancing with the contrast, so they appear to be dead. Scan is in the process of being forwarded to Dr. Littrup for further review to verify based on his opinion. So far so good.

Will be planning on when to have my next lung CT. Brain surgeon wants to have the next MRI in 6 months, but I'm not happy about that. I want to try and move it forward.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Great news!!!! YAY!!! :))

As for the MRI i agree an can't you appeal to him an ask for this to be earlier because you want to feel free of this an move on...

Ivan wrote:Abdominal MRI results are in. The adrenal nodules which have been ablated are not enhancing with the contrast, so they appear to be dead. Scan is in the process of being forwarded to Dr. Littrup for further review to verify based on his opinion. So far so good.

Will be planning on when to have my next lung CT. Brain surgeon wants to have the next MRI in 6 months, but I'm not happy about that. I want to try and move it forward.
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Great news Ivan!
Thanks for the update
Love
Debbie
Debbie
MarietjievdMerwe

Post by MarietjievdMerwe »

Dear Ivan,
Wonderful news!!! Keep smiling. :)

Marietjie.
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear Ivan,
I'm sorry to have not commented earlier on your good scan results but I have been away from the computer the past couple of weeks traveling and visiting family on the East Coast. I am SO VERY happy that you received good news from both your brain and abdominal MRI's :-), and am holding tight to Hope for continued disease stability. Regarding your brain MRI, Brittany's brain MRI's are usually done in 3 mm slices and are done every three months to ensure finding any new mets at the smallest and most treatable size, so I agree with you that it would be best to have smaller slices done on the next scan than the 5 mm. which were done for your most recent brain MRI. I strongly disagree with your brain surgeon's plan to not schedule another brain MRI for six months given the unfortunate possibility of more brain mets once the ASPS has already crossed the blood brain barrier and metastasized to the brain, and the more rapid growth of brain mets than in other areas of the body. Hopefully you will not develop anymore brain mets and the one you had was an isolated incident, but it is of course always best to be pro-active in monitoring this unpredictable disease with adequate scanning. Take care, enjoy the rest of your weekend, and stay warm in this cold and blustery Pacific Northwest fall weather.
Sending warm hugs and sharing your good scan results with much happiness and continued Hope,
Bonni

Return to “Personal Stories and Updates”