Ivan rocking it since 2003

ASPS patients post updates here, including tales of success :)
Ivan
Admin

Re: Ivan rocking it since 2003

Post by Ivan »

I ate a large dinner last night, and felt nauseous during the night. My stomach is messed up, and it's almost diarrhea I'm dealing with here. It feels like I have a bit of fever. This is reminiscent of how I felt after the procedure in Detroit, although not as bad. I was finally able to eat something at lunch.

I feel terrible right now. I could feel it coming on yesterday evening already, as I felt very weak during my workout. I wonder if this is related to the adrenal ablation or not. I don't know.

I don't have any pain anymore.
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Ivan

All those ill feelings are worth talking to a doctor about..
Especially with the fever

Do you have allergies? Rag weed is in full bloom here in the states. Was and is high in MIchigan

Hope tomorrow brings improvement.

Debbie
Debbie
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hi Ivan,
I hope you are starting to feel better! Did you call the surgeon yet?
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Got a requisition for some blood work tomorrow morning from the family doctor. Still don't feel so hot, but a bit better I guess.
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear Ivan,
I'm so sorry that you haven't been feeling well. Did Dr. Littrup provide you with a list of possible post-op problems that should be reported or evaluated by a doctor if they occur? I am grateful that you are having some blood work done tomorrow to try to deternine if your symptoms are anything to be concerned about and if they might be somehow related to your adrenal gland ablation. Hopefully you just have a slight case of the flu or a stomach virus which seems to be going around this area. Both Jim and I have recently had very similar symptoms to what you are experiencing. Take care, feel much better, and keep the Board updated when you are able.
With special caring thoughts, healing wishes, and continued Hope,
Bonni
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Today I feel pretty much normal. Honestly, this is very weird. I felt very, very bad yesterday. Got all the testing stuff done this morning at the lab. They also gave me a 3L keg to collect urine for 24 hours in order to check cortisol levels. I'm starting that tomorrow morning and will be dropping it off the following day.

My oncologist says that I can be referred to an endocrinologist if any of my blood work results are concerning. She seems to think that adrenal insufficiency is unlikely. Bonni, I also hope it's something like parasites or an infection of some sort.
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear Ivan,
I am so grateful that you are feeling better :-) Since your symptoms were so short term it certainly could have been some kind of food poisoning or stomach virus, but I am glad that you are being cautious in following through with some tests to try to rule out anything more serious or related to your adrenal mets ablation. Keep feeling better and have a good and relaxing weekend.
With hugs, special caring thoughts, healing wishes, and continued Hope,
Bonni
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Ivan

Hope this letter finds you feeling better.
Will your oncologist be looking at your blood work and urine results at the same time? Do the labs take long in your neck of the woods?
Hope you are able to find out something soon.
Have a beautiful day.

Debbie
Debbie
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Bonni, my appetite has really been affected since the day of the ablation. Then I had that episode where it got a lot worse and a few days later it got better again, but it does seem to be a pattern of some pre-existing situation. Results aren't in yet, hopefully in a few days.

I do feel pretty much OK now, but still weak. I also lost another 1 lb from that ordeal. Time for some canned salmon and tuna with high quality protein :)
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Hey Ivan

I hope this day finds you feeling better.
Have you heard anything pertaining to your adrenal functions?
I am sure that hearing the results would certainly help you to know which way to jump, huh?
Found the following on a website . I deal personally with low thyroid (medicine) and intestinal / stomach issues and have found the following instructions helpful :
From an adrenal website

Are there any diet restrictions?
No. Always eat a well-balanced diet, unless directed otherwise by your physician.
You may find your appetite is decreased at first, but it will improve as you recover. You may find eating smaller frequent meals will maintain your nutrition status.
Make sure to stay well hydrated.
Nutritional supplements such as Boost or Ensure
may also be used to increase caloric intake.
I realize that boost and ensure have lots of sugar but maybe they would help in the short run ?
Take care
Debbie
Debbie
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

I'll get the results tomorrow. Ivan
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

My cortisol levels were actually elevated - 311, while the normal range is said to be 20-220. Then, there is definitely no adrenal insufficiency going on here. Interestingly, high intensity cardio exercise raises cortisol levels. Perhaps that is the cause? I don't know.

I also had a couple of different stomach bugs which could have caused my symptoms. I was prescribed antibiotics but also told that the situation might resolve on its own. I will take them if there is a recurrence of the symptoms. I feel great now.Regained a couple of pounds - I think it was just due to empty stomach + dehydration.
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Ivan
Glad to hear of good adrenal gland functions
So too much cortisol isn't a bad thing?

Take care
Debbie
Debbie
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

I am currently in the process of switching my sleeping schedule. Since about a year ago, I started sleeping at 2 AM. I am now migrating back to sleeping at midnight, which was my norm prior. Since my work schedule is flexible, I am doing this for purely health-related reasons. I think sleeping at 2-3 AM - even though I still get my 8 hours of sleep - has a negative impact on how I feel. I don't know whether it has anything to do with my more aggressive ASPS over the same time period, but I am making the switch back.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hello Ivan,
Working at night an not going to sleep every night at an early hour has been proven to stress the body! Though i am clearly not sure if this could create the ASPS to get more aggressive....
But, stress is very important to NOT have an since this maybe stressing your body its a great idea what you are doing now! Even better if it was 9 or 10 lol

http://www.cureasps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=791

How are you doing? BTW for dehydration a mix of cucumber and celery juice helps a lot! Eating cucumber helps even more it gets in the cells better an re hydrates better from what i have been reading.. "eat your water" is one of the quotes.

I am trying to get thru a tooth thats infected and btw a tooth hurts more then chest surgery i think lol Then i will have my first surgery on the left side lung then a few months later the right side...

I am hoping so hard that this will be it for a lil while!
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda

Return to “Personal Stories and Updates”