Pembrolizumab Antitumor Activity Promises Potential for Sarcoma Subtypes

New research, clinical trial outcomes, etc.
D.ap

Pembrolizumab Antitumor Activity Promises Potential for Sarcoma Subtypes

Post by D.ap »

Joshua's wife shared

It opens on page 2

Page 1
Dr Burgess

"In an interview with OncLive, Burgess, medical oncologist, assistant professor of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, discusses the significant findings from SARC028 and sheds light on the importance that clinical trials and immunotherapeutic agents will have in the future treatment of patients with sarcoma."

"Do you think pembrolizumab could be used to treat other subtypes of sarcoma?

I certainly do. Today we saw some really exciting evidence, possibly supporting its use in alveolar soft part sarcoma, as well as a couple lines of evidence for limited activity of responses in epithelioid sarcoma. I think we still have a lot of work to do, but I think it’s really important that we continue to explore this option, probably in combinations. I think that the results from the correlative analysis of SARC028 will help to move the field forward, and they’ve laid out a nice foundation. Based on this clinical activity that we’re seeing now, although small, I think it’s worthy of expansion, and the scientific data that we collect will be helpful moving forward, as it’s laid a nice groundwork for the future. - See more at:

http://www.onclive.com/web-exclusives/p ... btypes?p=2
Debbie
arojussi

Re: Pembrolizumab Antitumor Activity Promises Potential for Sarcoma Subtypes

Post by arojussi »

great news! thanks for sharing.
D.ap

Re: Pembrolizumab Antitumor Activity Promises Potential for Sarcoma Subtypes

Post by D.ap »

Yes it is Jussi
We all needed a little year end boost!
:P